perjantai 18. maaliskuuta 2011

Engalnnin kirjojen viisauksia

Timepiece

To realize the value of one year, ask a man who is serving a prison sentence.
To realize the value of one month, ask a mother who gave birth to a premature baby
To realize the value of one week, ask the editor of a weekly newspaper
To realize the value of one day, ask a politician after an english defeat
To realize the value of one hour, ask the lovers who are waiting to meet
To realize the value of one minute, ask an apllicant who missed the train.
To realize the value of one second, ask a pedestrian who just avoided an accidence.
To realize the value of one millisecond, ask the runner who won the silver medal.


Poem by an african man

Dear with fella,
Coupla things you should know.
When I born, I black
When I grow up, I black
When I go in sun, I black
When I cold, I black
When I scared, I black
When I sick, I black
And when i die, I black

And you white fella,

When you born, you pink
When you grow up, you white
When you go in sun, you red
When you cold, you blue
When you scared, you yellow
When you sick, you green
When you die, you grey

And you calling me coloured?

1 kommentti:

  1. Toi runo on kyllä niin oikeessa, törmäsin siihen aikoinani lukion englanninkirjasta ja tykästyin heti. Tota pitäisi kaikkien miettiä :)

    VastaaPoista